Tuesday, November 13, 2007

I Feel...

i feel kind of strange.

i feel kind of like i have a job at starbucks.

hold the applause please, hold the applause.

i really don't know whether to be really excited (yes), or break down crying (also yes).

this is the culmination of months of searching for a job. its the end result of miles of frustration and angst. its a temporary reprieve from feeling like a housebound invalid.

or one of those crazy-obese people who like, die from congestive heart failure at age thirty-eight, and then they have to knock down a wall of the bedroom and forklift them out, because they're so goddamned HUGE!!!

anyway, i have a job, and it mostly feels like i've sold my soul for $6.75 an hour (before tips).

this is where things get very, very tricky. this is where i have to learn not to let my job be my identity. rather, this is where i learn that a job is a single aspect of my life, perhaps not even the most important one. i have to disassociate myself from my job. which considering my psychological makeup, shouldn't be that hard.

i disassociate like THAT is my job.

but at any rate, welcome to starbucks, what can i get started for you?

No comments: